How to Change Your cPanel Password
This tutorial will teach you how to change your cPanel password. Please remember to make your password Strong and Secure. This tutorial will assume that you are logged into your cPanel.
Once logged in,find the section titled Preferences and click on Change Password.
Please read all of this guidance...
Protect your password:
- Memorize your password, do not write it down
- Do not share your password. Create a new account instead
- Avoid using one password for all your logins
- Don't provide your password to someone for assistance unless you verify:
- They need the password
- They are who they say they are
- Avoid logging in from public computers
- Change your password frequently
Tips for choosing a password:
- Avoid dictionary words
- Avoid familiar items (names, phone numbers, etc.)
- Use a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters
- Use more characters (7+)
You can now exit cPanel by using the Logout button in the upper right corner. Remember, ALWAYS Logout of cPanel before closing due to security reasons.
Was this answer helpful?
This tutorial is going to show you how to setup a cron job in cPanel the easy way. You can set a...
Creating Redirects in cPanel How to redirect one web page or site to another in your...
We've noticed that some new clients use FTP to begin with their sites. This is never a bad thing...
Add another web site using Addon Domains in cPanel You'll want to take advantage of the...
At some point you will want to create and use MySQL databases for use in your web sites ...